Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ibises and Woodpeckers and Dinosaurs, Oh My!!

Hi all,
I know there haven't been many posts lately. Truthfully, since I have had to go back to work to prepare for school and Bear has been with my parents, I haven't really gotten to spend enough time to have a lot to tell. I feel sure that once kindergarten begins, there should be more to tell. So, hang in there with me.
He was awfully cute today, though. Last Spring, he was really into birds. He loved to listen to their calls and learned to recognize some of them. He particularly fell in love with a bird called the Glossy Ibis. I had never heard of a Glossy Ibis in my life. I guess it was our doing really. He was listening to a Birds of the Carolina CD we bought him on a trip to the Outer Banks when he was 2. Well, everything was Glossy Ibis this, Glossy Ibis that. Anything he did, said, ate, drank, read or sang had some relation to the Glossy Ibis. Then, for a short time, it was Woody Woodpecker and the Pilated Woodpecker, then crows and gulls. I never knew there were so many different gulls!! We spent hours listening to audio clips of birds.
Now, its dinosaurs. Everything is dinosaurs, dinosaurs, dinosaurs. He asked for stegosaurus milk to drink for breakfast (then triceratops, and T-Rex) I'll bet you didn't know dinos gave milk, huh? We also spent a happy hour looking and listening for dinosaur sound clips, dinosaur songs and anything else dinosaur he could think of, followed , of course by a delicious cup of chocolate pteradactyl milk.

Blessings,

BEARZ Mom

2 comments: