Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"I'm gonna eat you up!"

Well,
Bear is officially into dinosaurs, especially Allosaurus. This morning when he got up, he informed me that he was an Allosaurus. On the way to school, he told me that he was going to eat me up. I said, "You would eat me?" He said "yes." I said, "You would really eat your momma?" He said, "No." I said, "Okay, would you eat Mrs M?"(his new teacher). He said "yes." I asked about several other people at school and he said "yes". Then I asked about Mrs. K. (His VI)He said, "No , he would not eat her." So, I said,"Let me get this straight. You will eat everybody but Mrs. K and Mrs. G ?"(my assistant)." He said,"No, I don't want to eat anyone. Allosaurus will eat food." I asked him what Allosauruses eat then. He said ,"macn'cheese." Go figure!
Tomorrow, I have a meeting. Our VI, Mrs. K is having a meeting with the Asst Princ, and everyone who will be working with Bear to discuss any concerns for the year. I am truly lucky to have such a great team for Bear. I sure hope the rest of you do. I can't wait to hear how your kids are doing. I know a couple of readers ahve blind children starting kindergarten this year too. Orientation is Fri. School starts next Tues.

Blessings,

Bearz Mom

2 comments:

  1. My daughter, also blind and around the same age, has recently gotten into dinosaurs! Brontosaurus is the big favourite around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool. It seems to be the age for dinosaurs.We have a sighted friend the same age and his mom said they have a dino house as well. Bear likes the Allosaurus best. There is a brand new PBS show called Dinosaur Train. Its pretty cute. Your daughter might enjoy listening to it sometime.

    ReplyDelete