Sunday, August 23, 2009

Children know how to come to God

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. We have been busy. Some family issues have had us spending a lot of time on the road this weekend. We did manage to get to church again this morning. It was really nice. We had a wonderful guest musical group and Bear enjoyed sitting on my lap and up in my arms dancing to the music. He was so sweet giving me kisses and rubbing on me. Then, after church, we were doing our ritual walk around the sanctuary. We got to the altar and he said is this where we pray? I said yes and reminded him of when he and I went and said prayers at the altar. He immediately got down on his knees with his arms out and his head down. If you are not religious, this may not mean anything to you, but to me it was huge. Bear may not understand exactly what he was doing, but the total giving of himself is how God wants us to come to him, holding nothing back. I never taught him to do that. I only showed him how to get on his knees and sit at the altar. I think children know how to come to the Lord. It is only as we get older, we want to take it all on ourselves and let it weigh us down rather than giving it to the One who can help us.

Blessings,

BEARZ Mom

4 comments:

  1. I so enjoy my time with Noah on the Sundays that I get to be with him in the nursery. He reminds me over and over again "Who's house are we in? Is this God's house?" What struck me the most is his innate respect and reverence at only five years old. As we are taking walks around exploring the church, he is learning the demographics of the building while sharing his thoughts and heart aloud with me. It is some of the best worship time I've had in ages, because he is so genuine and pure in his motives. "Where am I now?, is this God's kitchen?" and "Is this God's refrigerator?" Even at only five, he has learned enough restraint to know we have to wait for Pastor Bob to be in to visit and explore his office, even when the door is open! "We'll come back when Pastor Bob is here." It really amazes me the sweet personality that is budding out of this little person, who, six years ago, we prayed and prayed to come to be. Praise God for all of the blessings that are already flowing out from him. I am so encouraged and thankful by your sharing this blog. I just know there are many more blessings stored up to come from them! Love, Renee R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Renee for joining and for all your wonderful comments. I agree he is a wonderful little boy and as I have always known, he will do amazing things for God. I think it as already begun in many ways. I truly appreciate that he has such an amazing church family and such wonderful examples of what God wants us to be. You are definitely one of those people. He loves to spend time with you. I pray that God will allow you to be part of his life for a very long time.

    Love,

    Bearz Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a blessing from the hand of God! WOW!

    ReplyDelete