Tuesday, August 18, 2009

R* E* S* P* E* C *T*

Well parents of sighted children, just so you know that blind children are not much different, my sweet little Bear is sitting in time- out as we speak. He was not listening to what his dad was telling him. Although I expect him to act up and get in trouble. I(f he didn't, he wouldn't be a kid.) However, I am determined that he will not be a disrespectful brat. that may sound harsh, but as a teacher, myself, I have spent a great deal of time with children whose parents allowed them to do whatever they wanted to do because if they didn't get their way, they would cry, pout, or heaven forbid, not like them for a few minutes. I happen to believe that its perfectly okay for Bear to not like me for a few minutes, if the trade off is that he will learn to be respectful. Oops, gotta go for now. More later.

Blessings,
Bearz Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment