Sunday, September 13, 2009

First week down

Hi Everybody,

Hope that everyone has had a good week. Sorry for not posting more this week. I had some technical issues. Well, overall, I think that Bearz first week went well. He still has to work on sitting on the carpet during whole group time and not being so wiggly and vocal. It will get better. Its hard to expect him to be but so quiet and still when he doesn't have the visual stimulation, but it is an expectation that he must work towards. He is also having some difficulty with putting things in his backpack in the afternoon. I know his teacher, Mrs. M spent a lot of time(of which there is little) helping him do that this week. He is also having a little trouble with getting paper towels from the dispenser in the bathroom. His O&M , Mr. M comes Tuesday though so he will probably have some good suggestions. He is amazing and Bear loves him!! Once again, I say we are incredibly blessed by the team we have working with Bear!

a couple of cute things to share this week- Bearisms if you will- On the way to work, we saw this car speeding in and out of traffic over and over again almsot causing wrecks. I said to my dad, who was riding with me, that we almost saw two wrecks. Bear yelled from the back seat. " Was it a T-REx?" I then spent the next few minutes explaining the difference between a Rex and wrecks. I think he gets it now. Then, today, I was doing animal sounds for him. I did a duck and it sounded kind of sickly because I have a scratchy throat. I said it was a duck with a cold. Of course, then he wanted ... a duck with a hot.

Have a great week. I'll try to post more this week.



Blessings,



Bearz Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment