Saturday, September 5, 2009

Getting closer...

Hi
Well, its getting close. Yesterday was Kindergarten Orientation. I think everything went well. My parents took Bear, since I had my own kindergarten class to orient with. I think its going to be a good year for Bear. We had a meeting the other day. Mrs. Ka, our VI called it and it was attended by Mrs. M,(K teacher), Mrs. E, (TA), Mrs PB, (computer), Mrs. Ke (Art), Mrs, V, (Music)Mrs. S (P.E) and Mrs. G (Media). I was really touched by how much they all wanted to do whatever they could to make class relevant for Bear. We have such an awesome group of teachers there. They had such insightful questions and Mrs. Ka was so encouraging and helpful. I CANNOT say enough how incredibly blessed we are to have Mrs. Ka as our VI. She is truly a gift from God!!!!!!!!!!!! She has set up in a little room next to Bear's K classroom so she can easily pull him as needed. She will be his Lang Arts teacher for the most part. I think Mrs. M is going to be awesome too. She is very kind hearted and sweet, but she also knows when to be firm. I think Bear will do well with her. The best part is that she seems happy to have him in her class. I don't ever want him in a class that the teacher feels that he is an imposition or "extra" in the class, no matter how great of a teacher, that person is. Hopefully, we will not encounter that. Mrs. Ka took Bear aroud the school again to refresh him. He got to use the bathrooms on the hall and the water fountain, new to him this year. Mrs. Ka and Mrs. M both reported that he did well in Orientation. That makes me happy.
Now, I am trying to think of healthy, enjoyable snacks and lunches to send him this year. It has to be finger foods until I am convinced that he will pick up the spoon or fork without prompting and will successfully navigate it from scooping to getting it into his mouth. He's making progress, but it just isn't there yet. His fave sandwiches are pb with j, honey, apple butter or banana. That is it. I hate to send pb something everyday, but he will not eat any other sandwich.
Oh well. School begins Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes if I don't write again before then. Have a happy and safe Labor Day weekend.

Blessings,

Bearz Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment