Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hi Friends,
This is just a quickie, but I wanted to share something about Bear today. It's just another example of how differently he sees things sometimes. His Vision therapist send home sheets every couple of weeks to have him do things that are related to what he is reading. We have gone and taken care of and played with dogs, played. We've checked out the inside and outside of a car and talked about relevant occupations related to cars etc. Well today's was about stranger danger and making sure that your child knows emergency procedures, phone numbers, etc. Well, Bear has known his address, his grandparent's address, home phone, cell phone, and grandparent's home and cell phones since he was 3 because I never wanted him to not be able to tell someone where he needed to go if something happened to me and we were separated. (Mommy's biggest nightmare)Well, I was trying to explain to him about a stranger. He doesn't know any strangers. If he could see, he would be the kid who would go up to anyone and talk to them. Well, I was telling him that a stranger might try to lure him to his car etc with promises of treats and then might do something that could hurt him. Well, Bear says,"Mommy, would he have a gun?" I was surprised that he would ask that and interested at how he knew about that possibility. Then, he finished his question. "Mommy, if he had a gun, would he shoot me out of it like a cannon?" Aye, Yi, Yi! Lord help me. We talked some more, but I'm not sure he gets it.

Blessings,

BEARZ Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment